Marriage licenses issued by Polk County
The Fee for a Marriage License is $25.00.
- Proof of Identity/age: Valid Driver's License, Passport, or Birth Certificate. If a birth certificate is used it must be a certified copy. If proof is not furnished, the license cannot be issued. Please contact our office if you have any questions concerning your identification papers.
- The bride and groom must provide their Social Security Numbers, if they have one. Applicants who do not have a Social Security Number must complete a form provided by the Clerk asserting they do not have a Social Security Number.
- Applicants must supply the names of their parents (including mother's maiden name) and their parent's birthplace (City and State or foreign country).
- If either applicant has been married previously, the date the previous marriage ended will be requested (Court date or date of death). A copy of the divorce decree or death certificate if not required.
- If either applicant is not of legal age (19), a notorized consent form must be signed by the applicant's father, mother, legal guardian or custodian, giving consent to the marriage of the minor. If the individual giving consent is a legal guardian or custodian, appropriate paperwork must be presented showing the relationship to the Minor. If either applicant is under 17 years of age, a license cannot be issued in the State of Nebraska.
- The Marriage License is good for one year from the date of issuance anywhere in Nebraska. Your marriage license must be obtained in the State in which you will be married, however; a license issued in one county in Nebraska can be used in any county in Nebraska.
- There is no waiting period.
- To be married by the County Court Magistrate, you may call the County Court (402-747-5371) to schedule an appointment.
Click to print a Marriage License Worksheet
To receive a Polk County certified marriage license, send a $9.00 check or money order and the following information:
- Name of groom.
- Name of bride (including maiden name)
- Month /day/year of marriage.
(Must have been issued in Polk County for us to send a copy)
Polk County Clerk
PO Box 276
Osceola, NE 68651
Marriage license – $25.00
Certified copy – $9.00