Along with being the Administrative Officer of the Court, the Clerks of the District Courts are responsible for the record keeping of criminal and civil cases. Mental health records, maintenance of the Court’s dockets and processing judgements are also part of the services provided. The clerk also serves as a Passport Agent and is the Ex-Officio Jury Commissioner for the Court.
Functions of the District Court
- Issuing writs and orders.
- Filing and preserving all papers delivered to the court.
- Endorsing papers filed with the court.
- Make entry of return of every summons, subpoena and order served.
- Keep the records, books and papers pertaining to the court, and record its proceedings.
- Prepare and file the annual inventory statement of all County personal property in his or her custody & possession.
- Provide and process protection order applications.
- Track all court costs, fees, fines and restitution ordered on each case filed.
The following forms are available at the office of the Clerk of District Court:
- Protection Order Applications
- Voluntary Notice to Withhold Income Forms